Thursday, November 19, 2009

County Cork, Ireland

A few years ago, my husband and I traveled to Ireland. I enjoyed everything about it.The sights,smells, & most of all, the people.The people of Ireland truly were living like they loved life and understood the the ways of life.

On the tail end of our journey, we went through the town Cobh, Ireland.A busy little town with lots of local attraction.While my husband played golf,I strolled the town to see the locals. I spoke with many (while having a few pints).The Irish truly were amazing, the way they hugged ( & kissed ) people they did not know.......including myself.They spoke with you as if you had been their friend for an eternity.

While checking out this quaint little place that the Titanic sailed off from on that most unfaithful day,I took many pictures.My most favorite one is the Header photo of this blog.Clotheslines were EVERYWHERE! I remember having helped my mother hang clothes as a young girl & having so much fun running through them.

Why has this simple pleasure for some come under such srutiny? Have we become a culture so concerned for having "perfect" yards,towns,cities......that we must banish the rights of some, who choose to hang their clothes out?

Is it such a travesty? I think not.

For me, seeing clothes being hung on clotheslines bring a reminder of simpler times.....when we did not need some electronic gadget to help us get trough the day.......I'm sure the shrinks back in the "olden days" had a much more open schedule, as the act of such a "chore" surely brought about singing and actually talking to your "little helpers".......

So let's give a shout out to all the clothesliners out there............

Clotheslines all over the world......WE (i ) LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment